Business Performance Data Analyst
Inflo, a cloud-native data analytics and client collaboration platform, is transforming the audit and accounting profession by making innovative technologies available to all. Our teams in the UK, US and Australia support the adoption and use of our technology by accounting firms to enhance the value of the work they deliver, advancing their client relationships and team satisfaction.
In the four years since founding, we have established Inflo as an innovative and impactful tech business. Operating in a segment of the accounting technology market with few competitors, we have secured a global customer base including high-profile accounting firms such as Grant Thornton.
We are passionate about the accounting profession we serve and focus on driving long-term success both in our business and those we work with. We have formed several key strategic partners. These include in the USA with Thomson Reuters and internationally with accounting networks such as Baker Tilly, Moore and HLB.
We also recently formed two partnerships with the ICAEW, which will mean our technology will be part of the examination process for future accountants in England and Wales, and we will also work closely together to support their members.
We have won multiple awards, including International Accounting Bulletin’s Accountancy Software of the Year twice.
We strike a positive balance between the scale-up mindset, working quickly and collaboratively without the restriction of corporate hierarchy, but with the stability, resources and professionalism of a more mature, global organisation.
The successful person will join our team of accomplished professionals that have high standards and are driven to succeed. With a “can-do” attitude, the team are devoted to our customers, working with a range of accounting firms.
Inflo is seeking a talented Business Performance Data Analyst to be data/MI champion within the business – responsible for driving improved performance of all teams in the business using quality data and management information (MI).
The Skills (Required)
- Minimum of 2 years data analyst experience
- BI Reporting tools (e.g. PowerBI)
- Senior management exposure
- Numerical & analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills
The Skills (Desired)
- Data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Project management
- Knowledge of accounting profession beneficial
- BSc in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering or other quantitative discipline
Reporting to the Chief of Customer Success, you will:
- Interpret and analyse data using statistical techniques to provide insightful reports and dashboards to allow effective management of customers and our overall business
- Develop an understanding of the various end users of these reports and dashboards to ensure that they are fit for purpose
- Use advanced analytics practices to delve deeper into trends and patterns in the data
- Lead on the development of meaningful MI across the business
- Understand data structures from core system to support Customer Support function
- Co-ordinate requests across multiple teams to ensure required information is readily available
- Acquire data from multiple data sources, filtering, cleaning and wrapping
- Be able to communicate technical solutions to non-technical people
- Work with senior colleagues to prioritise business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Identify team level KPIs and provide measurement against achievable target
As a member of the Inflo family, you’ll also enjoy some special benefits including the following to name a few:
- A competitive salary within a rapidly growing technology company
- Continued professional development
- The opportunity to work with our teams around the globe
- 25 days holiday with an additional 0.5 days for every year of service
- Flexible working environment. And when we say flexible, we mean flexible! We measure results, not the amount of time you spend behind your desk.
- Opportunity to work from home
- Casual dress code